Sunday, August 19, 2012

CONSECRATION PRAYERS TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS


ACT OF PERSONAL CONSECRATION

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I give and consecrate myself to You. I give You my being, my life, my actions, my sorrows, and my sufferings.

May I never employ the least part of my being otherwise than in loving, honoring and glorifying You.


I take You, O Sacred Heart, for the one object of my love, the protector of my life, the security of my salvation, the remedy to my inconstancy, the atonement for all the sins of my life and my sure refuge at the hour of my death.


O Heart of Goodness, be my advocate with God the Father, as I stand infinitely undeserving of His great love.

O Heart of Love, in You I place my whole trust. I have so much to fear from my own weakness, but I hope everything from Your Goodness.

Destroy in me, therefore, whatever is displeasing to You; whatever resists You. May the pure love of You, be so deeply graven in my heart, that I may never forget You.

By Your Goodness, I entreat You, stamp my name upon Your Heart for I will place my whole happiness in being your Servant through life and death, Amen.


CONSECRATION TO THE SACRED HEART
FOR INDIVIDUAL FAMILIES

Lord Jesus Christ, we consecrate ourselves to You today, each one of us, and all of us together as a family. Your Sacred Heart, the heart of your crucified and risen Body, is the ever living source of mercy and grace, hope and love for all of us. We desire to pledge ourselves and our lives to You in return.

Teach us to be always united with You, through Your Holy Spirit in mind and heart, in all our thoughts, words, deeds, joy and sufferings. Grant that we may ever know You more clearly, love You more dearly, and follow You more nearly.

We wish to share in Your redeeming work in our world: that your Father's will may truly be done on earth as it is in heaven, that the civilization of justice and love may thus be built up in our land.

Heart of Jesus, help us to keep sin away from our lives. Help us to keep loving, serving and forgiving each other. Live in our hearts and in our homes always, Make us wholly Yours.

With Your Mother's Immaculate Heart, we renew our consecration to Your Sacred Heart, for the ever greater glory of the Father in Heaven, Amen.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, be with us and bless us now and at the hour of our death, Amen.



CONSECRATION OF ONESELF


Most Sacred Heart of Jesus,
truly present in the Holy Eucharist,

I consecrate my body and soul
to be entirely one with Your Heart,

being sacrificed at every instant
on all the altars of the world

and giving praise to the Father,
pleading for the coming of His Kingdom.


Please receive this humble offering of myself.
Use me as You will for the glory of the Father
and the salvation of souls.

Most Holy Mother of God, never let me be separated
from Your Divine Son. Please defend and protect me
as Your Special Child. Amen.